Northeastern University’s ASL & Interpreting Education Program is hosting “Unpacking the ‘I’ in DEI, Inclusion and the Deaf and Disabled Communities” on November 30, 2023, from 6pm to 8pm. The event will take place at AfterHOURS, in the Curry Student Center (right next to Starbucks), however, with limited seating. It will also be livestreamed at this link.
This event will be a panel of Deaf community members who work in a variety of disciplines and will talk about inclusion of Deaf people and disabled people in the workplace. They are:
· Mike Festa, Senior Technical Project Manager, MBTA architectural board
· Darian Gambrell, Executive Director of DEAF Inc.
· Shira Grabelsky, The Learning Center for the Deaf, Director of Educational initiatives
· Jeff Mansfield, Principal Architect from MASS’s Deaf Space and Disability Justice Lab
· Kerry Thompson, Inclusion & Accessibility Development Manager for the Disability Rights Fund