Civic Engagement Program (CEP)
Civic Engagement Program (CEP) requires students receiving the most prestigious scholarships to participate in 100 hours of service and civic engagement activities each year of undergraduate study at Northeastern University. CEP partners with a variety of local organizations to meet global and societal needs. CEP is a program within the Center for Community Service.
Civic Engagement Program encompasses students who are recipients of the following scholarships:
- Balfour Scholars
- Boston Housing Authority (BHA) Scholars
- Boston Public High School (BPHS) Scholars
- National Achievement Scholars
- National Hispanic Scholars
- National Merit Scholars
- Torch Scholars
- University Scholars
- Student Scholar CEP Expectations
All student scholars must:
- Complete a minimum of 100 hours of civic engagement activities with an approved community partner organization(s) annually.
- Participate in all orientation, training, and recognition events.
- Attend reflection sessions and journal assignments (monthly during the first-year of the program).
- Submit bi-weekly time logs of service hours.
- Complete evaluations at the end of each semester.
- Communicate regularly with the CEP staff.