Northeastern University has a substantial Jewish staff and faculty population employed throughout the global campuses. As a people with a shared history, traditions, culture, and heritage, we established this group to connect with each other in celebrating holidays, educate our fellow Northeastern community about the Jewish people and be able to work with senior leadership on advocating to stop antisemitism.
The mission of this group is to establish a supporting community of faculty and staff across Northeastern University Global Network who have an affiliation with being Jewish in their culture, peoplehood, religion, and/or heritage.
Faculty and staff who join and participate in the affinity group will benefit in the following ways:
- Increased social and professional connections across the university.
- Increased opportunities to educate the university on Judaism, Jewish culture, heritage, and history.
- Increased opportunities to advocate for the Jewish community.
- Increased sense of community and belonging for individuals.
- Increased ability to support efforts leading to the recruitment and retention of students, faculty, and staff that identify as Jewish.
- Foster interfaith and intercultural and understanding.
- To celebrate Jewish holidays, traditions and milestones within our community.
- To embrace Israeli culture, national holidays and be supportive of Israeli colleagues.
- To network with each other for guidance and support in Jewish life.
- To be a voice for Jewish staff and faculty with any concerns regarding antisemitism.
- Innovation/Technology discussions
First Hanukkah Lunch (12/12/2023)
Connect with Us
Affinity Group Leadership
Senior Business Manager, Department of Bioengineering
Executive Director of Northeastern Hillel
Associate Professor, D’Amore McKim School of Business
Director of Graduate Student Services, College of Science
Associate Director of Graduate Recruitment and Admissions, D’Amore-McKim School of Business